Tricks To Make Your House Smell Good
Scented Candles work wonders to make your place smell better. But there are times when you get into a pinch and need to make your place smell awesome without the aid of candles. Below I’ve compiled a list of tricks I’ve picked up over the years to help you out in a bind.
1. Try to always keep your place clean. This will help out when you’re in a mad dash to change the scent of the room.
2. Spray cologne on a light bulb and turn it on. DO NOT DO THIS IF THE LIGHT BULB IT HOT!!!!!. When the bulb is cool give it a few squirts of cologne. Turn it on and it will fill the room with the scent of the cologne.
3. Open a window. A little fresh air does wonders.
4. Get some scented gel beads. I always keep one in my bathroom and my kitchen. The trick with these is after a few days you have to shake them up to keep the scent going.
5. Spray fabric refresher. Hit every piece of fabric furniture and even the carpet and rugs with a light misting of this stuff. It will work wonders
6. Plant dryer sheets in unseen places. Dryer sheets can hold a good scent for a long time. Tape them under a table and behind a toilet so they can’t be seen. This will work.
7. Cedar blocks. Cedar Blocks not only put out a good scent but they help keep moths away. If you have cedar blocks that are old and no longer giving off a scent just rub them with steel wool or sandpaper. This will bring back the scent.
8. Make sure your drains are clean. If you have a bad odor coming from your pipes them they must be cleaned. A quick trick that I found works is pour baking soda down the drain followed by vinegar. Quickly cover the drain and keep it covered for several minutes. After that run water down the drain and you should be all set.
9. Dust. Not only is having huge dust bunnies disgusting, but they can also absorb bad odors. Get rid of that crap.
10. If you have pets, give them a bath. A stinky pet is not an aphrodisiac.